Sailing Amaroo Collaboration
Have one of your most memorable days yet with an ultimate helicopter scenic flight and a private yacht charter onboard the beautiful sailing boat ‘Amaroo’.
Departing the Northern Rivers, your flight will head up the Byron Coast and track north taking in breathtaking views of Byron’s famous lighthouse, Wategos Beach and all that Byron has to offer. Spotting dolphins, rays and turtles is almost a given flying over the diverse marine sanctuary at the cape.
Discover the many coastal towns on your way toward the gold coast as the high-rise landscape of Surfers Paradise comes into view. Soaring past the famous skyscraper ‘Q1’ that towers above the helicopter’s flight path, we are now set for an approach into sanctuary cove marina where your next adventure awaits.
Upon arrival, board the buggy for the short transfer to ‘Amaroo’. Once onboard ‘Amaroo’ she will take you gently down the Coomera river towards the Gold Coasts Broadwater. You will have the option of heading out through the seaway for a blast along the coast under sail before dropping anchor in the protected waters behind South Stradbroke Island for a relaxing lunch and swim. Guests are welcome to get involved in the sailing or sit back and take in the views.
Arriving back at the helicopter, your adventure isn’t over yet! Tracking south towards home, the search is on for the hinterlands many hidden waterfalls. Mount Warning dominates the horizon and is shortly towering above the helicopter standing over 1km high. Climbing up and over the nearly 4,000 ft peak, an orbit now brings into view the border ranges that make up the walls of this ancient tweed volcanic basin.
A slow descent towards base, there is plenty of time to take in the rolling hills that make up the Byron Hinterland before completing your unforgettable ultimate day trip with Fly Byron and Sailing Amaroo. From pickup we depart north, picking up the Byron Coastline
- Fly Byron/Homestead – Sanctuary Cove Marina
- 30 mins turn around Heli – Yacht
- Board Amaroo for a 5-hour charter.
- This would take guests along the Coomera River to the Southport Seaway, weather permitting take guests through the seaway and sail in the ocean for roughly 90 minutes (hopefully spotting whales) before returning for lunch at anchor behind South Stradbroke, onwards to Sanctuary Cove.
- 30 mins turn around Yacht – Heli.
- Fly Byron depart Sanctuary Cove return to Base.
9:00am – Arrive at Lismore (or pick up)
9:15am – Depart
10:00am – Land at Sanctuary Cove
10:30am – Set Sail on Amaroo
2:30pm – Get back to Sanctuary Cove
3:00pm – Board the Helicopter back to Lismore
3:45pm – Land back at Lismore
Pick up and Drop off Locations:
- Lismore Airport
- Ballina Airport
- Private Properties (Byron Region)
- Additional locations available on request